The information we collect
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Services, for example, in order to book a holiday with a professional. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Website, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Website, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your transactions, together with details of your financial information, for example, payment details.
Telephone calls that you make to our customer services help line may be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
Purposes for which we use information about you
NEWLAND WEB may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services; and/or
- to personalise and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analysing market trends and customer demographics; and/or
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you; and/or
- to process a transaction between you and a third party.
Passing on information about you
As part of using our Services you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Third parties, including but not limited to companies whose products or services are included on our website with a view to providing you with a product and/or service requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. For further information about these third parties, please contact us at hello@Newlandweb.com. Some third parties with which we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- Some product providers may carry out checks against data they already hold on you (or is held by the company whose brand they administer the product for, or members of their group of companies) such as data from existing products or account data.
- Selected other third parties whose products, services or other offers we believe may interest you (see our section on Keeping you informed about offers and services below);
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you, or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law; and/or
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Services Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency; and/or
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or the company.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Third party providers and data privacy
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on this Website;
- understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this Website so we can provide you with access to your account.
- Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By using this Service, you consent to us using cookies.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.
Our website is a Secure Website and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Sensitive information, for example, your credit card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit. However, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. Our Terms & Conditions also explains your obligation to keep secure any username and password which you create when registering for the Services.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. For example, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we have about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a £10 fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.